Stroudco is Stroud’s only not-for-profit grocer bringing together an ever-expanding and exclusive range of local artisan food and drinks delivered to your door. It costs nothing to set up a Stroudco account – you just pay £1 each time you order (or £2 per month) to help cover our running costs.
Pop in and see the Food Hub in action
Everyone is very welcome to call in and see Stroudco in operation. We are at the Congregational Church, Bedford Street, Stroud every Saturday from 12noon to 1pm. If you would like to order produce please open a free account and order online to collect from the church or have your order delivered to your home.
What we sell
Most of the products on the Stroudco website are grown or produced within 15 miles of Stroud. Some of our producers operate on a very small scale and others have a huge product range.
Our members also asked us to stock some basic store cupboard products that are not produced locally. So we can now offer anything from the Essential product range which covers most things you could buy from a supermarket but with the difference that Essential having a very ethical buying policy (see www.essential-trading.coop ) making all their products GM-free and as fairly-traded as possible. So, again we have put a few of their products up on our website.
Orders are taken online up to Thursday 7.30am and the producers deliver to our container between Thursday morning and Saturday 10.30am. Shoppers have three collection/delivery options:
1) collect from the church between 12 noon and 1pm on Saturdays. See map.
2) collect later in the week by arrangement with our manager
3) or choose to have your ordered delivered to any Stroud address. Just choose the relevant delivery option when checking out your order. Delivery costs start from £2.
You can pay for your order in advance or pay when you collect your order.
There are lots of payment options:
• Cheques payable to “Stroudco”
• Cash on collection
• Direct Debit
• Internet bank transfer – see payment details below
• Regular Standing Order payment into your Stroudco account – please set up a standing order using the bank details below
Stroudco Bank Details:
Sort code: 60-83-01
Account number: 20363963
Payment Reference: your name
Limited Availability Produce
- Some produce is available in limited quantity. Limited quantity produce is allocated to customer orders on a first paid / first served basis.
- If your order cannot be fully supplied for whatever reason then your membership account will be credited and you can spend the money on your next order (or request a refund).
How Stroudco is managed
Stroudco is a not-for-profit social enterprise incorporated as a community co-operative (Community Interest Company). Oliver manages Stroudco on a day-to-day basis and reports to a voluntary management group made up of Stroudco producers and shoppers who approve new producer members and steer the direction of the organisation.
Stroudco is part of a worldwide movement to improve global food production and distribution systems – see http://openfoodfoundation.org/ If you are interested in starting a food hub somewhere in the UK, please contact Nick on 01453 840037 or email us.